Salary: Competitive depending on experience
The Delivery Lead will ensure successful delivery of digital projects in this agency. You will lead a small team of project managers working across our main product/digital client accounts. You will be carrying out hands on delivery, leading a team and evolving digital delivery and production processes within Six. You are likely to be an experienced Senior Delivery Manager or Delivery Lead looking for a next step towards Project Director or Head of Production.
You will have at least 5 years experience of digital delivery across a range of project scales and types. You will be comfortable with waterfall and agile delivery methodologies. You will have the ability to carry out the detailed work involved in delivery and the ability to step back and sense risks and challenges which may lie ahead. You will have solid experience of the pillars we believe are essential for successful delivery in planning, communication, governance, commercial awareness and flexibility. You will work closely with Client Partners to ensure that the client relationship is at the heart of
everything we do in production and product delivery.
You will have experience of leading, assisting and guiding a delivery team of 8 or more. You will enjoy sharing your experience and knowledge for the benefit and development of colleagues. You will have at least 4 years of line management experience and you will be supported by the Digital Director and wider leadership team throughout. You will be both a methodology enthusiast and commercial pragmatist and able to identify the most suitable approach for different projects and clients.
Working with experienced colleagues across the business you will have an interest in, and ideas about how to evolve digital= production processes when needed. You will be able to draw on your experience to assess where parts of our process could be refined and improved upon. You will encourage initiatives for improving and adopting industry standard working practices, processes and tools. You will have a positive impact on culture and foster a great sense of collaboration and teamwork, personal ownership, responsibility and entrepreneurship.
You will report directly to the Digital Director on the success and optimisation of digital delivery, presenting learning, solutions and process refinements where required. You will act as a go between for delivery and the agency growth strategy and play a key role in optimising and scaling our capability.
We want you to align and orchestrate the digital work going through the business with a level of consistency and cohesion. The Delivery Lead will educate our teams to deliver projects and facilitate conversations, directing the planning and aligning of projects, policing key practices and milestones, and sense checking core deliverables. This is 70-80% of your role.
When leading and overseeing delivery:
- Lead, mentor, manage and challenge PMs & Client Partners in delivery
- Review project scope, estimates and timelines for projects within the team
- Facilitate cross-team cohesion and orchestrate the rights conversations at the right time
- Monitor project commercials & governance within the delivery team for risks & issues
- Escalate client or business issues which cannot be solved within the team
- Work with colleagues to plan and resource current projects and future opportunities
- Ensure governance best practice is being followed appropriately
- Identify commercial opportunities with clients in collaboration with Client Partners
- Identify new tools, devising processes and continuous improvement initiatives
- Facilitate the adoption of industry best practice
In some instances we need you to lead by example and project manage some work. This is likely to happen when we are over capacity and have yet to find the right PM resource and need to react to a project opportunity. This should make up no more than 20-30% of your role.
When managing projects:
- Create and develop the project scope, estimates and timelines for projects
- Utilise appropriate tools for managing the project and for internal and client comms
- Follow internal business processes
- Manage any third party relationships/inputs/financials
- Manage project commercials to ensure projects are delivered on budget
- Adhere to financial and progress status reporting – internally and with clients
- Manage project governance e.g. RAID logs/status reports etc
- Manage scope change or shift and ensure there is a change request process
- Escalate risk and issues promptly
- Understand technical approach and constraints of projects
- Collaborate with Client Partners, Creative Leads & UX
- Troubleshoot and coach to resolve problems and remove impediments
- Understand clients’ needs and challenges
- Contribute and share learnings from the Team into the wider business and other teams
- Natural leader and facilitator
- Charismatic and open personality
- Authoritative and calm under pressure
- Honest, confident, reliable
- Problem-solving skills, analytical, fair and objective
- Decisive when you need to be
- Curious with a passion for digital and the application of technology
- Natural communicator both written and verbal
- Strong commercial acumen
Your Skills & Qualifications
- Experience of industry tools e.g. Slack, Jira, Teams, DevOps.
- Excel and Gantt
- Agile Scrum Master is preferable
Looking after you
Six are an established agency with an impressive and varied client list that includes both global and local clients; we pride ourselves on being independent, in business and mind. We offer a working environment that we’re proud of. Now is a great time to join us and help shape the next chapter in our story and your own.
- 22 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service, plus your birthday off
- Christmas closure
- Birthday cake and your birthday off (taken any time in your birth month!)
- Company pension scheme (5%(
- Monthly seated massages and lunchtime yoga classes
- Breakfast on Six; fruit, smoothies, toast and all the fresh coffee you can drink
- Cycle to work and travel loan schemes, childcare vouchers
- Dedicated events team organising regular socials, crafting sessions, lunch swaps, sports events and Friday desk beers
- Lunch and learn sessions (expand your knowledge with lunch on Six)
- Training budget and bespoke personal development plan
- Opportunity to attend a variety of industry events on Six, including the fantastic WEDF talks
- Lovely open plan office in a converted chapel, based in the heart of Clifton
Salary: Competitive depending on experience